Intermediate Handgun Class
The Intermediate Handgun Class is a half-day continuation course of the Beginner Handgun Course, taught by one of our NRA-certified instructors. This course expands on handgun sight acquisition, malfunctions, stress-induced shooting drills, shooting from a barricade, and intro to shooting while moving.
This handgun course will begin at the academy and as students' skills progress the class will transfer to a local range, if appropriate.
If you are not ready to continue to the Intermediate Handgun Class you may consider Private Instruction and/or a Membership plan to gain more experience and proficiency with the basics before advancing to the next level.
Pre-requisites-Students must complete the Beginner Handgun Course or a Private Lesson before registering for this class and be at least 21 or over.
Course cost is $150.00. Range fees, ammunition, ear and eye protection are not included.
What you will need:
1) Range Fees-$20 cash for range donation, paid directly to the range. If the class is moved to an indoor range, the range fee increases to $23 which must be paid via cash or card directly to the range.
2) Ammunition-if you choose to bring your own, it must meet these requirements, 9mm Lugar 115-Grain FMJ Handgun Ammunition-150 rounds-no reloads allowed.
3) Ear Protection-power headphones are required for your safety. This is necessary for you to be able to hear your instructor while maintaining proper ear protection.
4) Eye Protection-Our instructors recommend ANSI rated eye protection.
If you do not have your own ammunition, we have it available for purchase at market price. Additionally, we have ear and eye protection available for purchase.
1) Bring your own firearm and/or use ours.
When it comes to firearms training, confidence equals safety, and that's a big reason why we train. All experience levels welcome.
Our NRA-certified instructors work one-on-one with each student, ensuring you learn the fundamentals of how to comfortably use a firearm.
All of our firearms courses, including Concealed Carry and Beginner through Advanced, will help you develop skills to handle your firearm with more accuracy.