Beginner Handgun Course
Our Beginner Handgun class is taught by a NRA-certified instructor at a local range. This course teaches introductory skills for safe handling of a handgun where gun safety is heavily emphasized. No experience with firearms? No problem! The Beginner Handgun class is designed with the beginner in
mind, where participants will feel comfortable and confident with safely handling a handgun. Participants will also learn the basics needed to
continue to the next level.
You do not have to own a handgun to participate in this class as firearms will be provided. Participants must be 21 or over. Range fees, ammunition, ear and eye protection are not included in the course cost which is $85.00.
If you are seeking to apply for your concealed carry permit, you need to register for the concealed carry class, if you haven't already done so.
What you will need:
1) Range Fees-$20 cash for range donation, paid directly to the range. If the class is moved to an indoor range, the range fee increases to $23 which must be paid via cash or card directly to the range.
2) Ammunition-if you choose to bring your own, it must meet these requirements, 9mm Lugar 115-Grain FMJ Handgun Ammunition-50 rounds-no reloads allowed.
3) Ear Protection-power headphones are required for your safety. This is necessary for you to be able to hear your instructor while maintaining proper ear protection.
4) Eye Protection-Our instructors recommend ANSI rated eye protection.
If you do not have your own ammunition, we have it available for purchase at market price. Additionally, we have ear and eye protection available for purchase.
1) Bring your own firearm and/or use ours.
When it comes to firearms training, confidence equals safety, and that's a big reason why we train. All experience levels welcome.
Our NRA-certified instructors work one-on-one with each student, ensuring you learn the fundamentals of how to comfortably use a firearm.
All of our firearms courses, including Concealed Carry and Beginner through Advanced, will help you develop skills to handle your firearm with more accuracy.